Thursday, January 15, 2009

Doesn't Consistency Count for Something?

To their credit - I suppose - Bush and Cheney are a) delusional, or b) denying-ass motherfuckers to the end. According to Bush, the low point of his presidency was being called a racist - the "N word" for white people in a way - and in tonight's interview with Jim Lehrer, Dick Cheney says of Iraq, "This was a terror-sponsoring state with access to weapons of mass destruction." And when asked about his abysmal approval rating, he says:

"I don't buy that. And I find, when I get out and talk to people, that that's not the unanimous view as you would have -- the things that count for me in terms of the people I want to make certain are with us are, for example, the American military -- the young men and women who serve, the folks who go out and put their lives on the line to carry out the policies we've decided upon.

No comments: