Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trading Up?

Has anybody else found Christgau's Consumer Guide hard to use in its current form? At a technical level, I haven't been able to get the "Next" link to work to take me from review to review, but worse - what was once an easily read page has turned into 10 or so visually appealing, hard-to-use pages. I assume this is the handiwork of the good people at MSN, and it seems to be based on the premise that we only want to read the reviews of CDs we know, which is partially true. But I'd scan the other reviews to see if there was anything in there that sounded interesting enough to pursue, and every few months I'd make another discovery that way. The current model requires readers to choose to click on to see what comes next whereas before they had to choose to stop. And cover art's good, but it's not that good.

No comments: