Thursday, August 20, 2009

When I Form My Band ...

... I'm destroying every recorded moment I don't use. I'm burning the tapes from my analog period, I'm bulk-erasing all hard drives, then just to be sure, I'm taking those drives and any other miscellaneous file-carrying devices to the outskirts of Vegas, where I'll get hammered and shoot them with semi-automatic weapons that otherwise scare the shit out of me. I'm not leaving anything laying around to be rescued, remastered and released as a bonus disc or as bonus tracks to reissues of my music. Rhino is releasing a new version of Chris Bell's I Am the Cosmos, itself an album that was posthumously assembled from tracks in varying states of completion. Now it's paired with even more tracks in various states of completion. Me - I'd rather have my band remembered by the tracks that represent us the way we wanted to be represented.

No comments: